Visit the natural park of Montgrí
The Montgrí Natural Park is a natural park located in the Baix Empordà region, on the Costa Brava. The La Sirena campsite is located in front of a natural park, with direct access to the hiking trails. Ask for information at reception to better plan your routes and visits from the campsite.
The space was declared a natural park in 1992 and covers an area of around 8,000 hectares. The area is dominated by the Montgrí mountain. The massif rises to a height of 311 meters and offers spectacular views of the Costa Brava. The landscape of the park is formed by a combination of cliffs, beaches, dunes, lakes and Mediterranean forests.
The Montgrí Natural Park is an ideal place for hiking. It has a network of routes and trails that offer the opportunity to explore nature and the landscape. Among the most popular routes are the Ruta del Castell, which leads to the medieval castle that crowns the top of Montgrí. Also noteworthy is the Ruta de les Tres Platges, which connects three beautiful beaches in the park. In addition to hiking activities, the park is also a popular place for mountain biking, bird watching, and rock climbing.
Recommendations for visiting the Montgrí Natural Park
- Previous information: Before visiting the park, it is advisable to obtain information about the available routes and trails, the weather conditions and access restrictions, especially in high season. This information can be obtained on the park’s official website or at the L’Estartit tourist office.
- Hiking: Hiking is one of the best ways to explore the park. There are several signposted routes that allow you to discover the main attractions of the park, such as the Montgrí viewpoint, the beaches of the Costa Brava and the Medes Islands nature reserve.
- Guided activities: There are several companies that offer guided activities in the Montgrí Natural Park, such as boat trips, kayaking, cycling and visits to the park’s points of interest with a specialized guide.
- Access by vehicle: You can also access the park in your own vehicle, although driving is only allowed on certain roads and paths. It is important to respect traffic regulations and the environment.
- Respect nature: Finally, it is important to remember that the Montgrí Natural Park is a protected natural area. It is necessary that you respect the environment and follow the rules of behavior established to preserve the flora and fauna of the place.
From the La Sirena campsite you can enjoy nature and the landscape that the Montgrí Natural Park offers you. Do not hesitate to ask for information!